Are videos part of your industrial marketing plan? They should be.
- Posted by:
- Categories: Industrial Marketing, Marketing Tips
Video has become increasingly important for marketing industrial manufacturers due to several factors that have shaped the digital landscape as well as your engineering customer’s behavior. If videos aren’t part of your job shop’s marketing plan, we strongly suggest that you add them! Why? They are highly engaging, they showcase your shop’s unique personality, they help you tell a better story, they allow you to better demonstrate incredibly technical or complex concepts, they are easily updated if necessary, they are more accessible, and they can also help boost your site’s SEO organically.
Better Overall Engagement
Video content tends to capture and retain audience attention more effectively than other forms of content like text or images. People are 75% more likely to watch a video than they are to read a document, flyer, email, book, or article. Engaging videos can evoke emotions, tell stories, and create a more immersive experience, leading to higher levels of viewer engagement.
They Showcase Your Shop’s Unique Personality
Video allows industrial manufacturers to better showcase their personality and tell compelling stories. This fosters stronger connections with your engineering consumers, as stories can evoke emotions and create a more memorable image of your company, products, or services.
Interesting and More Easily Understood Demonstration or Explanation
Videos are an excellent medium for demonstrating products and services and breaking down or explaining complex technical concepts and ideas. They help explain these technical concepts in a way that everyone can understand. The voice-over, visuals, and on-screen text combination are exciting and memorable and clearly spell out the concepts you are trying to convey. They can enhance understanding and help your engineering consumers make more informed decisions about working with your company.
Video is flexible & customizable & easy to change or update
Video is incredibly flexible and versatile. You can use live-action, animation, stop-motion, a combination of those, or a variety of other ways to get your message across through video. A completed video can always be changed as future needs dictate.
The widespread availability of high-speed internet and the proliferation of smartphones have made video content more accessible to a broader audience. People can easily watch videos on the go, making it a preferred medium for reaching consumers. Social media platforms also heavily prioritize video content over any other content. Algorithms on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube often give preference to videos in users’ feeds, increasing the likelihood of reaching a larger audience.
Organic SEO Boost
Video content can organically improve your website’s search engine rankings without paying for search engine ads. Including videos on your site can also increase the time visitors spend on your site, reducing bounce rates and indicating to search engines that the content is valuable and relevant. All of which boost your search ranking.
What kinds of videos should you consider creating?
Video is one of the easiest ways to demonstrate your expertise and solidify your position as a leader in your particular field. Here are a few ideas on the types of videos you should be creating and sharing:
- Showcase Products and Services: Create high-quality videos that showcase your industrial company, products, equipment, and services in action. Demonstrate how they work, their benefits, and real-world applications. Use visuals, animations, and on-screen text to explain technical aspects clearly.
- Customer Testimonials and Case Studies: Feature satisfied customers in video testimonials or case study videos. Highlight their success stories, how your products/services helped them, and the positive impact it had on their operations.
- Educational Content: Develop informative and educational videos related to your industry. Offer tutorials, tips, and best practices to help your target audience improve their processes, enhance productivity, or stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
- Virtual Tours and Facility Walkthroughs: Provide virtual tours of your industrial facility to offer a behind-the-scenes look at your manufacturing processes, quality control, and safety measures. This transparency can build trust with current and potential customers.
- Explainer Videos: Create concise and engaging explainer videos that communicate complex concepts or technical specifications in a straightforward manner. Use animations and visual aids to make the content more digestible.
- Safety Videos: Safety is paramount in industrial manufacturing companies. Develop videos that emphasize your specific safety protocols, equipment operation guidelines, and best practices to showcase your culture of safety.
- Industry Events and Trade Shows: If your company participates in industry events or trade shows, record and share videos from these events. Capture product demonstrations, interactions with customers, and insights from industry experts.
- Content Series: Plan a series of videos centered around a specific theme, topic, or challenge related to your industry. This can keep your audience engaged and encourage them to return for more content.
Last tip! Don’t forget to include at least one clear call-to-action (CTA) and your company’s contact information on every video you create and share. The CTA should encourage viewers to visit your website, subscribe to your newsletter, or contact you for more information.
Utilizing video to promote your industrial company requires a thoughtful approach that considers the unique characteristics of your target audience and industry. Video has steadily become the preferred way for most of your engineering customers to find information and learn more about the products and services they need.
All industrial – all the time!
Video is one of the most shared and talked about online materials today, and its influence transcends physical and social boundaries. In fact, marketing experts agree that this trend will continue to grow well into the future because video provides more value, relevance, and flexibility.
With over 30 years of experience, The Rico Group specializes in helping industrial manufacturers and job shops grow their businesses and diversify their customer base. We know how engineers think and what they are looking for. We know your processes, equipment, and materials. We also know that you have very little time to take away from your production and getting your customer’s orders delivered.
Grow your business with better marketing with The Rico Group.
www.thericogroup.com (805) 497-7401